I am headed off for a weekend of Airstream glamping in Zion and couldn’t be more excited. I love the chance to get out of town and away from everything. Since it is just a quick weekend getaway I’m making it low stress and keeping my packing light. I don’t know about everyone else, but this is always easier said than done for me. I managed to keep my packing list for a weekend in an airstream to just a few clothing basics and the handful of toiletry essentials.
- Light, linen shirts – rust Madewell v-neck, grey Old Navy three-quarter sleeve, and off-white Loft linen tee – this one is sold out but here are two great alternatives (similar, similar). These stay nice and airy while it’s warm and keep the sun off of my skin. The three-quarter sleeve is great as it cools off.
- Destroyed denim shorts
- My ‘Lucky’ blue jeans
- The classic sweatshirt – this one is great because it never pills no matter how much I wash it, so I don’t worry about getting some campfire smell on it.
- Sunglasses – Protect those eyes y’all.
- Hat – avoid too much sun exposure (and hide my unwashed hair).
- Last but certainly not least – H2O – So so important. Especially since the water source any time you’re out and about may not be the most reliable.
One thing I learned in my six years of girl scouts is to be prepared for anything. That’s why I always bring a good coat and some warm snugglies for any occasion. The weather in Zion is supposed to be pretty warm this weekend, but here in the Southwest you never know when a sudden rain storm might pass by and those canyons can get a little chilly at night.
The toiletries is the hardest part of this packing experience for me. I’m still not used to camping with running water available (totally not complaining).
- Body wash – I love the L’Occitane shower oil because it completely gets rid of campfire smell and soothes my skin after a day in sun and bugs.
- Dry Shampoo – because I’m still not going to wash my hair so I feel more like I’m camping.
- Co. Bigelow Rose Water Skin Tonic – makes me feel so fresh without having to do a full face wash since space in an airstream is still limited.
- Rose Hip Oil – doubles as a moisturizer for body or face.
- Marlowe Hand Cream – I love to get as much moisture as I can while I’m outside and in the sun so much for a weekend (I also love the L’Occitane hand cream ).
- Smith’s Rose Lip Balm – I can’t stand chapped lips and this stuff is like a miracle.